Friday, July 13, 2007

Hawks Aloft Raffle Quilt - 2007

I was a quilter before I became enamored of birds, and before there was a Hawks Aloft. Each year, we make a quilt in one weekend at the cabin. I design it, and my friends help me to prepare the foundation papers and select the fabric. The guys all like to come to the cabin too, but on quilt retreat weekend, they are welcome only if they actually work on the quilt! We now have some exceptional male quilters among the volunteers at Hawks Aloft! This photo shows the quilt top in progress in early February, before the side borders were added. The quiltmakers for this weekend are (from Left to Right), Chuck Brandt, Connie Martinez, Anita McSorley, Mary Chappelle, Ruth Burstrom, Steve Elkins, Ed Chappelle, Tom Taylor, Gail (that's me!), and Patty Phillips.

No comments: