Thursday, September 20, 2007

All About Owls

Okay, so this isn't exactly what one might expect for one of my quilts! But, it was just perfect for my friend Marcelle, who is expecting her first baby any day now. Marcelle and I work together on avian issues in New Mexico, and she was instrumental in establishing the PNM Burrowing Owl webcam at the company's Reeves Station in Albuquerque. When another friend, Patty surprised me with the fabulous Burrowing Owl fabric a few months earlier, I had no idea how to use it. Marcelle's baby-to-be was the perfect opportunity. It was a true gift from friends for a friend. Many of the owl fabrics were given to my by my quilting buddies from my group, "Designing Women". Patty provided the Cactus Wren, Mary C. donated the small squares of owls, and Pat. D. donated the roadrunner fabric. My friend Twila B. taught me how to use the Bernina embroidery software to make the label. I delivered the quilt to Marcelle a few days ago, and she was thrilled. Now, all that we need to wait for is the baby!

No comments: